Duration: 2.5 Hours (approx.)
Location: Hollywell, QLD
SMALL GROUP ISLAND PARADISE ESCAPE
On this Eco day tour to South Stradbroke Island , you will board our fast 6m adventure boat in a small group with only 4-8 other participants to explore the Gold Coast Broadwater within Moreton Bay Marine Park and the beautiful South Stradbroke Island, an untouched conservation park right at our Gold Coast doorstep. Our environmental permits allow us to take you on an easy guided walk across the island from Currigee Inlet with the high chance to spot wallabies, kangaroos, koalas and shore birds in their natural habitat. Enjoy the chance to see dolphins, rays or turtles and rare birds whilst cruising through the Gold Coast Broadwater on our vessel. At the end of the tour, we will take you to Tipplers cafe for a cold drink, coffee, tea or snack or some more nature walking if you wish.
- 2.5h return boating cruise and guided island walk ex Runaway Bay Marina
- Scenic Broadwater boat tour through Moreton Bay Marine Park
- Scenic South Stradbroke Island visit to Currigee and Tipplers Cafe incl. wildlife spotting walk to the deserted eastern beach
- Great for photographers
- Hotel transfers available from Surfers Paradise
- Small groups with maximum of 8 participants
Our tour includes a $10 Conservation Park Levy to cover our costs to hold all necessary government approvals to conducted low impact guided tours on South Stradbroke Island and within the Marine Park.
- Single person (all ages) – $99pp
- Group of 2 to 4 – $89pp
- Group of 5 to 8 – $79pp
- Private tour for up to 8 people – $495
- A small booking fee is charged on check-out by the booking system provider
- Usually twice per day on varying days. Availability varies throughout the year.
- Alternative times available for groups of 4 or more (email us)
- Please note that departure times can vary and are subject to change on short notice. Please check our calendar for the latest times and availability. From there, you can also book and pay online.
- This tour requires moderate fitness for walking through uneven terrain etc. however the participation to walk across the island (25min return) is optional. Instead you could wait near the camping ground and enjoy the Broadwater views.
- Minimum age 10 years
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- Select date and time and number of people
- Hit the book now button
- Enter your personal details
- Enter promo code or voucher code if you have one
- Check-out and receive our booking confirmation via email
- A small booking fee is charged by the system provider on check-out
- All of our tours must reach a minimum of 4 participants to depart
WHAT TO BRING
- Suns mart clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Drinking water
- Spending money for Tipplers Cafe (optional)
- Shoes suitable to walk through sand
TRIP ITINERARY (guide only)
- Meet at Runaway Bay Marina
- Boat Safety Brief
- Depart along the Broadwater
- Arrive at Currigee
- Walk across the island to the Eastern beach for wild life spotting (30min return)
- Depart Currigee and visit Tipplers Cafe to wind down
- Return to Runaway Bay via Sovereign Island
- Meet us at Runaway Bay Marina.
- Your confirmation email and reminder emails will include a map and a hyperlink for directions.
- Please be on time as we have to depart on time.
- From Surfers Paradise, catch the tram to Southport and change to the 711 Surfside Bus from Southport towards Hope Island and exit at Runaway Bay Marina Bus Stop.
- From Brisbane, catch the tram from Helensvale Station to Southport and change to the 711 Surfside Bus from Southport towards Hope Island and exit at Runaway Bay Marina Bus Stop.