SWIM WITH WHALES.
the ultimate humpback experience.
From $249.00 (June to September)
Duration: up to 3 Hours (approx.)
Main Beach, QLD
SWIM WITH WHALES ADVENTURE
This 2.5h Gold Coast whale adventure is unlike any other cruise. At 15+ meters and 30+ tonnes, humpback whales are so much bigger than anything else you’ve swum with and they have undeniable personalities and moods. Humpbacks have an incredible sense for their surroundings and never touch a person or vessel hence they are nicknamed ‘gentle giants’. On this whale tour, you are presented with the unique chance of humpbacks choosing to swim with you. Everything we do during this experience is at the whales discretion and what ever happens simply happens. You can join this adventure tour as a whale swimmer or observer and watch from the deck of our boutique vessel.
- Up to 2.5h* return whale swim / whale watching watching cruise
- Departing ex Southport
- Join as whale swimmer or observer
- Great for photographers
- Closer whale encounters possible
- Whale sightings guaranteed*
- Knowledgeable staff
- In-water guides provided
- All snorkel gear and wetsuits included
Our swim with whales tours depart once per day on selected days. Check our website calendar for live availability and times. Daily departure times may vary due to tides and other factors.
Our pricing depends on whether you are participating in a swim experience or are joining us as an observer.
- Whale Swimmer Price – $249pp (Min Age 8 – under 16 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Observer Price – $119pp
- A small booking fee is charged on check-out by the booking system provider.
- Good and strong swimming ability
- Generally fit and healthy
- WHALE SWIM – Minimum age is 10 years for boating safety reasons e.g. life jacket sizes etc. One adult must accompany each child aged 10 to 16 at all times in and out of the water. If there are two children aged 10-16, there must be two paying adults to accompany them in the water and on the boat.
- WHALE WATCHING – Minimum age is 5 years for boating safety reasons e.g. life jacket sizes etc. Adult supervision is required at all times during the trip. If there are two or more children aged 5 to 12, there must be the same number of adults as children in your booking. All adults and accompanying children will be required to wear a lifejacket during the tour.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times, meaning both, you and the child are in the water or on the boat together at anytime.
- Our experienced staff will assess all risks associated with your participation in this activity and have the right to deny you from participating. For example, if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol or they assess you as being unfit.
BASIC ITINERARY (9:00 AM Departure*)
- 8:30am – Meet us at Southport (95 Marine Parade, Southport) use the toilets and get ready
- 8:45am – Safety brief, put on wetsuits
- 9:00am – Depart marina and cruise through the Broadwater
- 9:15am – Enter the open ocean to find and watch the whales
- 10:30am – Commence return cruise to the Marina whilst watching whales
- 11:00am – Arrive back at our Southport Jetty
Our primary whale swim and whale watching tour vessel Big Blue is a stable and comfortable 8mtr rib with small toilet. We can seat up to 12 guests and carry all state of the art safety equipment including life rafts and first aid kits.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- Select cruise date and time
- Hit the book now button
- Enter your personal details
- Check-out and receive our booking confirmation via email
- A small booking fee is charged by the system provider on check-out
- All of our tours must reach a minimum of 4 participants to depart
WHAT TO BRING
- SunSmart clothes (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen etc.)
- If you are swimming with whales please wear your swimmers to the marina
- Warm clothes as it can get cold
- Drinking water (no glass)
- Waterproof bag for phones etc
- Camera (splash-proof cameras recommended)
- Seasickness medication if needed (take well before departure)
- Meet us at 95 Marine Parade, Southport inside Aqua Adventures and Southport Fish and Dive Centre.
- Your confirmation email and reminder emails will include a map and a hyperlink for directions.
- Please be on time as we have to depart on time.
*WHALE SIGHTING GUARANTEE AND TRIP DURATION
A free return observer ticket is provided should no whales be encountered. Sorry, no refunds!