WAVE BREAK ISLAND.
Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
Location: Main Beach, QLD
TIME TO GET WET – GO SNORKELLING
This snorkelling tour is suitable for all ages. Wave Break Island is a manmade sand island within the Gold Coast Broadwater, providing a sheltered, calm water snorkelling site. The northern rock wall of the island is home to many different species of fish with shallow depths ranging from 0m at the beach to 12m. There are 2 popular snorkelling spots on the Gold Coast, the Seaway and Wave Break Island. Wave Break Island is only accessible by boat and is the safest and most enjoyable site in respect to currents and surface conditions.
Participants can also relax at the beach, swim or sit back on our sun-protected vessel. Allow 4-5 hours total turnaround time including your hotel transfer for this snorkelling adventure. This tour departs ex Main Beach, Mariners Cove with our friends from Queensland Scuba Diving Company.
- Snorkelling tour leaves from 95 Marine Pde, Southport (Aqua Adventure Centre)
- All equipment supplied
- Hotel transfers available
- Calm water dive site
- Observers welcome at (book as snorkeler)
- Short boat ride (15min)
- Snorkel, swim or relax at the beach
- Up to 1.5hours in water activity
- Tour operated by Aqua Adventure Centre
Check the tour calendar for dates and to book online. This tour usually departs daily. The departure times vary due to tide times.
This budget tour is an affordable option for a fun day.
- Snorkeler – $65pp (all ages)
- Observer – $55pp (book as snorkeler)
- A small booking fee is charged on check-out by the booking system provider.
- Be able to swim
- Be of reasonable health and fitness
- Complete a medical declaration and liability waiver on the day
SAMPLE ITINERARY (7:30 AM Tour*)
- 06:30 am – Pick-up at your hotel
- 07:00 am – Arrive at dive centre in Main Beach
- 07:05 am – Complete medical questions, waiver and change into wetsuits
- 07:30 am – Briefings, boarding and departure
- 08:00 am – Arrive at Wave Break Island, site briefing
- 09:30 am – Prepare for return to Mariners Cove
- 10:00 am – Arrive back at Mariners Cove, Main Beach
- 10:30 am – Return transfer to your hotel
*Itinerary is a guide only. Actual times vary depending on number of participants of individual tours and tide times. Check our calendar for daily departure times.
You will board a custom built, 12m long pontoon style vessel, offering plenty of space and comfort.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- Select cruise date and time
- Hit the book now button
- Enter your personal details
- Enter promo code or voucher code if you have one
- Check-out and receive our booking confirmation via email
- A small booking fee is charged by the system provider on check-out
- All of our tours must reach minimum participant numbers to depart
- This tour is operated by our partner Queensland Scuba Diving Company
WHAT TO BRING
- SunSmart clothes (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen etc.)
- Drinking water (no glass)
- If no hotel pick-up is needed, meet us at least 30 min prior to the advertised departure time at Aqua Adventure Centre, Southport, Queensland, 4215
- Your confirmation email and reminder emails will include a map and a hyperlink for directions.
- Please be on time as we have to depart on time.