Whale Watching Tour.
From $1190 (June to October)
Duration: up to 2.5 Hours (approx.)
Location: Southport, QLD
SMALL BOAT PRIVATE WHALE WATCHING CRUISE (Optional Whale Swim)
The Gold Coast’s most unique whale watching cruise. Private whale watching and exclusive whale swimming on small boats is the most thrilling way to encounter our Gold Coast humpback whales. For groups of up to 12 people on our tour vessel Big Blue 1. Enjoy unencumbered views in all directions by being close to the water surface, providing you an unparalleled intimate experience. For the ultimate experience, upgrade some or all your guests for a Whale Swim experience.
- Up to 2.5h return whale watching cruise
- Knowledgeable staff
- Participate in whale research activities (optional)
- Waterproof jackets provided
- Front row seats guaranteed
BIG BLUE PRIVATE CHARTER WHALE WATCHING CRUISE
Whale watching in jet boat style. Big Blue is an 8m semi inflatable RIB. There is no other way to be closer to the water surface (Unless of course, you opt for the Whale Swim experience). Big Blue has space for up to 12 guests and is our primary small boat whale watching vessel. It is frequently chartered by research groups. We will provide you with spray jackets and don’t forget your GoPro!
- Up to 12 people
- Spreading/Scattering of Ashes
- Corporate Function
- Group Adventure
- Birthday Gift
- Gift Cards Available
- Price: from $1190 (2-2.5hrs)
- Tours depart at 12:00pm (Please arrive no later than 11:30am)
- All Whale Swimmers are fitted with 5mm Wet Suit and snorkelling equipment
- Please email or call us prior to booking online to advise on availability, weather and any other requirements you have t make your private charter special.
- This tour is conducted on a smaller vessel. Boarding and disembarking as well as holding on whilst underway requires a moderate level of fitness.
- Any person with a serious medical condition including pregnancy or physical disability should choose a larger vessel instead. If unsure please email us beforehand or consult your treating doctor.
- Whilst we try our best to plan tours around sea conditions, participants must be prepared to get partially wet due to sea spray. We do provide spray jackets and we also have clear screens around the boat so these events are rare. We usually cancel and reschedule tours for comfort reasons if wind forecasts exceed 15 knots however sometimes forecasts aren’t 100% accurate.
- WHALE SWIM – Minimum age is 10 years for boating safety reasons e.g. life jacket sizes etc. One adult must accompany each child aged 10 to 16 at all times in and out of the water. If there are two children aged 10-16, there must be two paying adults to accompany them in the water and on the boat.
- WHALE WATCHING – Minimum age is 5 years for boating safety reasons e.g. life jacket sizes etc. Adult supervision is required at all times during the trip. If there are two or more children aged 5 to 12, there must be the same number of adults as children in your booking. All adults and accompanying children will be required to wear a lifejacket during the tour.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- Select cruise date and time
- Hit the book now button
- Enter your personal details
- Enter promo code or voucher code if you have one
- Check-out and receive our booking confirmation via email
- A small booking fee is charged by the system provider on check-out
- All of our tours must reach a minimum of 4 participants to depart
- Meet us at the Marina about 30min prior to departure (95 Marine Parade, Southport 4215)
- Boat Safety Briefing
- Depart for 2-2.5h whale watch return trip
- Return to Marina
- Meet us at Aqua Adventures, 95 Marine Parade, Southport AT LEAST 30mins prior to departure
- Your confirmation email and reminder emails will include a map and a hyperlink for directions.
- Please be on time as we have to depart on time.