Gold Coast Scenic Cruise +
Duration: up to 4 Hours (approx.)
Location: Main Beach, QLD
THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE BOAT TOUR
Join us for an intimate coastal encounter tour in small groups with only 8 participants on our semi inflatable research vessel Blue Manta. Departing ex Main Beach, we will cruise through the Gold Coast Broadwater which is home to resident bottle nose dolphins, dugongs, rays and many shore birds. As we are heading offshore (weather depending), you will get unique photography opportunities of the magnificent Gold Coast skyline. Our offshore waters are home to a large population of common dolphins which follow a feeding path along the near shore reef lines on a daily basis, making encounters realistic and likely. The chance to encounter dolphins and other marine life during our cruise is approximately 75% so whilst you may miss out, there is still heaps to love and enjoy about this 4-hour scenic tour.
- Up to 4 hour return trip ex Main Beach
- Small groups of only 6-8 participants
- Chance to encounter wild dolphins and other marine life*
- Broadwater cruise as part of the tour
- Oceanside skyline views
- Great tour for photographers
- Knowledgable staff with educational commentary
- Waterproof jackets provided
- 3 possible routes depending on weather*
AVAILABILITY AND DEPARTURE TIMES
- Tours run on most weekends
- Check our website calendar for latest dates and times
- 3 possible routes depending on weather*
- All tours must reach a minimum of 4 participants to depart
- Private charters available on most days (email us)
Our whale watching vessel is small hence you will need to pay a little premium to make this experience possible.
- Base Price – $110pp (all ages)
- Groups of 5 or more – $95pp
- Private Charter – $650 (8 people max)
- A small booking fee is charged on check-out by the booking system provider.
- This tour is conducted on a smaller vessel. Boarding and disembarking as well as holding on whilst underway requires a moderate level of fitness and mobility.
- Any person with a serious medical conditions including pregnancy or physical disability should chose a larger vessel instead. If unsure please email us beforehand or consult your treating doctor.
- Whilst we try our best to plan tours around sea conditions, participants must be prepared to maybe get partially wet due to sea spray. We do provide spray jackets and these events are rare. We usually cancel and reschedule tours for comfort reasons if wind forecasts exceed 15 knots however sometimes forecasts aren’t 100% accurate.
- Minimum age is 10 years for boating safety reasons e.g. life jacket sizes etc. Families with smaller children should chose a large whale watching vessel.
Our primary dolphin watching vessel is Blue Manta, a 6m long, semi-inflatable, rigid hull adventure boat with a capacity of 8 guests. Whilst spectators are more exposed to the elements, the vessel provides an incredible intimate feel of closeness to the water. Due to its small size and quiet engine, whales love to check out Blue Manta up close.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- Select cruise date and time
- Enter your personal details
- Enter promo code or voucher code if you have one
- Check-out and receive our booking confirmation via email
- A small booking fee is charged by the system provider on check-out
- All of our tours must reach a minimum of 4 participants to depart
WHAT TO BRING
- SunSmart clothes (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen etc.)
- Warm clothes as it can get cold
- Drinking water (no glass)
- Waterproof bag for phones etc.
- Camera (splash-proof cameras recommended)
- Seasickness medication if needed (take well before departure)
- Meet us at main Beach, Proud Park public boat ramp at Waterways Drive
- Your confirmation email and reminder emails will include a map and a hyperlink for directions.
- Please be on time as we have to depart on time.
*DOLPHIN SIGHTING GUARANTEE
You are participating in a wildlife tour on natures terms. There are no guarantees for dolphin sightings. Our experience from our whale watching tours shows that we encounter dolphins on almost every tour hence there is a realistic chance. In fact, the chance of dolphin encounters are significantly higher (75%) than any swim with whales tour (25%) which typically do not provide any guarantees. With or without dolphins, you will definitely walk away with great memories and photographs of the beautiful Gold Coast waterways.